Our workshop was once an open framed barn housing an ancient cart and other rather stern looking farm implements. There were 3 small rooms on top of each other at the back; the top one was used for chicken plucking, the middle floor for storage of animal food and the bottom floor for absolutley nothing as it resembled an early cold water plunge pool!
Retaining the old oak frame we built a new structure inside it. We clad the walls in wood and ran windows all along the front. To the rear is an enclosed fern garden utilising the rock face of the mountain.
Now we have 2 large air-conditioned and heated workshop rooms, a kitchen, bathroom and a small supplies shop stocking all the basics. Our tables go up and down, as do the chairs - everyone should be able to get that perfect ergonomical working position.
Equipment available for customers to use include:
• Brother, Janome, Bernina, Pfaff and AEG sewing machines
• Simplicity embellishing machines
• Grace Company quilting frame
• Brother Scan'n'Cut machine
• Mac and PC computers / printers
• Free Wifi
• Rotary cutters, scissors and cutting mats
• A selection of threads and sewing notions
• Irons and ironing boards
• Light boxes
Courses run with a minimum of 6 people and a maximum of 9 to ensure plenty of one to one tuition.